Can I cancel a payment?
You can only cancel a payment if the person you sent money to hasn’t yet enrolled with Zelle®. To check whether the payment is still pending because the recipient hasn’t yet enrolled, you can go to your activity page, choose the payment you want to cancel, and then select “Cancel This Payment.” If you do not see this option available, please contact our customer support team at 800.242.2120 for assistance with canceling the pending payment.
If the person you sent money to has already enrolled with Zelle®, the money is sent directly to their bank account and cannot be canceled. This is why it’s important to only send money to people you trust, and always ensure you’ve used the correct email address or U.S. mobile number when sending money.
If you sent money to the wrong person, please immediately call our customer support team at 800.242.2120 so we can help you.
- What is the daily transfer limit for the Send Money with Zelle feature?
- How long does it take to receive money with Zelle®?
- Someone sent me money with Zelle®, how do I receive it?
- Will the person I send money to be notified?
- What if I want to send money to someone whose bank or credit union doesn’t offer Zelle®?
- Are there any limits for sending and receiving money with Zelle®?
- Can I use Zelle® internationally?
- Is Zelle® available for Visions Business Accounts?
- Can I pay a small business with Zelle®?
- What types of payments can I make with Zelle®?
- I’m unsure about using Zelle® to pay someone I don’t know. What should I do?
- Who can I send money to with Zelle®?
- Is my information secure?
- How does Zelle® work?
- What if I get an error message when I try to enroll an email address or U.S. mobile number?
- How do I get started with Zelle®?
- How do I use Zelle®?
- What is Zelle®?