Meet our current Board of Directors
Our Board members, known as Directors, are elected annually to three-year terms. These nine volunteers are responsible for providing strategic and governance oversight for the organization and our CEO.
They participate in:
- Monthly meetings (Wednesday evenings)
- Visions' Annual Meeting in March
- Strategic planning session in April
- Industry conferences and opportunities for continuing education
- Additional committee meetings as assigned
If you're interested in a Board position but are uncertain about the time commitment or your level of experience, you may be considered for our Associate Director position. This unique role provides the opportunity to volunteer with our Board of Directors and attend meetings without adopting the additional responsibilities, expectations, or voting rights of a full-fledged Director. Associate Directors are appointed by the Board Chair and typically serve terms of one year.
To apply to become a Director or Associate Director, no specific background or prior experience is required - you only need to be a Visions member! There's no requirement to have specific experience working with finance, banking, or corporate leadership. That's because the strongest boards include a variety of unique backgrounds, from education to construction to nonprofits and everything in between.
Rather than specific qualifications, we're looking for applicants who:
- Are passionate about community
- Are interested in guiding Visions' future
- Enjoy strategic planning and problem solving
- Care about the financial well-being of our members
- Foster a belief in and desire to champion for the credit union movement
- Have a willingness to learn about the financial management and strategy of Visions
If the shoe fits and you're still reading this - what are you waiting for? Click the link below to take the next step.
Become a Visions Member! Apply to Volunteer!