LAST UPDATED: August 2023
Digital and Mobile Privacy Notice
Your privacy is important to us. This Digital and Mobile Privacy Notice explains how Visions Federal Credit Union and its affiliates (collectively "Visions" or "We") collect, share, use, and protect information when you visit or use this digital service and any other digital services offered by Visions Federal Credit Union that link to or reference this notice (collectively, our "digital services"). This notice covers many digital services, including the Visions Federal Credit Union mobile apps, and Visions Federal Credit Union social media sites or pages, as well as any interactions you may have while viewing content provided through one of Visions Federal Credit Union's digital advertising campaigns.
As you review this Digital and Mobile Privacy Notice, here are a few general principles to keep in mind:
- Our digital services are intended for a U.S. audience. If you visit or use one of our digital services, your information may be transferred or processed in the United States of America.
- Our digital services are not intended for children under 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 without parental consent. See the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) section below.
- If you have a financial product or service with us, we will use and share any information that we collect from or about you in accordance with our Privacy Notice, which offers you certain choices with respect to the use and sharing of your personal information.
- Visions FCU Mobile (defined below) and our social media sites or pages may have additional terms and conditions about the privacy of your information. Please review the privacy notice for the specific online service you are using.
- If you have questions after reviewing this notice, please visit contact us at 800.242.2120.
Online Collection and Use of Personal Information
When you visit or use our digital services, we may collect personal information from or about you such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number(s), account numbers, limited location information (for example, a zip code to help you find a nearby ATM), user name and password. We may also collect Social Security Numbers (SSN), driver's license numbers (or comparable) when you provide such information while using our digital services and where we believe it is reasonably required for ordinary business purposes. Collection may include other information that you provide us, including, but not limited to, information provided when receiving technical/account set-up support.
We may use personal information:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- to provide important information regarding the products or services for which you apply or may be interested in applying for, or in which you are already enrolled, changes to terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- to deliver marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you, including, ads or offers tailored to you;
- to personalize your experience on our websites;
- to provide you technical assistance;
- to allow you to apply for products or services (for example, to prequalify for a mortgage, apply for a credit card, or to open an account) and evaluate your eligibility for such products or services;
- to verify your identity and to maintain measures aimed at preventing fraud and protecting the security of account and Personal Information;
- to allow you to participate in surveys and other forms of market research, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which may contain additional information about how Personal Information is used and shared;
- collected through our social media pages and other digital interactions with you to assist in verifying your identity and account status. We may combine this online information with information collected from offline sources or information we already have;
- for business purposes, including data analysis, audits, developing and improving products and services, enhancing websites, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of promotional campaigns;
- for risk control, for fraud detection and prevention, to comply with laws and regulations, and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
We may also use data that we collect on an aggregate or anonymous basis (such that it does not identify any individual customers) for various business purposes, where permissible under applicable laws and regulations.
Additional Sources of Information
Information about you may be collected from additional online and offline sources including from co-branded partner sites or commercially available third-party sources, such as credit reporting agencies. We may combine this information with the personal and other information we have collected about you under this Digital and Mobile Privacy Notice.
Visions FCU Mobile
For your convenience, Visions Federal Credit Union offers you the ability to access some of our products and services through mobile applications and mobile-optimized websites ("Visions FCU Mobile"). When you interact with us through Visions FCU Mobile, we may collect information such as unique device identifiers for your mobile device, your screen resolution and other device settings, information about your location, and analytical information about how you use your mobile device.
|WHAT DOES VISIONS FEDERAL CREDIT UNION DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM THE MOBILE APPLICATION
The mobile application requests access to information stored on your device such as location, camera, contacts, or other features you are enrolled in to enrich and simplify your own user experience and improve our services, as well as provide additional security to protect your account.
It is important for you to understand that:
- Before granting access to this information, you will be prompted to give the application that permission.
- If you do not wish to grant that permission, you may decline.
- If you later change your mind, those permissions can be updated in your device's settings.
Some examples of information your app will request access to are:
- Image information
To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings.
The application information is retained in accordance with state and federal record retention laws. Please contact us to determine specific timeframes for your personal stored information and if that information may be deleted.
Please contact Visions Federal Credit Union toll-free, at 800.242.2120 regarding questions about the information included in this Digital and Mobile Privacy Disclosure.
You can also access the credit union's full Privacy Notice.
Disclosure of Information
We may share the information we collect from and about you with our affiliates and other third-parties. For example, we may share your information with:
- Visions Federal Credit Union third-party service providers that help us perform services for you;
- Visions Federal Credit Union affiliated websites and businesses in an effort to bring you improved service across our family of products and services, when permissible under relevant laws and regulations;
- Other companies to bring you co-branded services, products or programs
- Third parties or affiliates in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, consolidation or merger of Visions Federal Credit Union businesses;
- Our regulators to comply with regulatory requirements; and,
Where appropriate, we will limit sharing of your information in accordance with the choices you have provided us in response to our Privacy Notice.
We may share anonymous or aggregated information with third parties to help deliver products, services, and content that are tailored to the users of our digital services and for other purposes.
Visions Federal Credit Union and its affiliates do not currently engage in the sale of personal information.
Understanding Cookies, Web Beacons and Other Technologies
"Cookies" are small amounts of data a website can send to a visitor's web browser. They are often stored on the device you are using to help track your areas of interest. Cookies may also enable us or our service providers and other companies we work with to relate your use of our digital services over time to customize your experience. Most web browsers allow you to adjust your browser settings to decline or delete cookies but doing so may degrade your experience with our digital services.
Clear GIFs, pixel tags or web beacons—which are typically one-pixel, transparent images located on a webpage or in an email or other message—or similar technologies may be used on our sites and in some of our digital communications (such as email or other marketing messages). They may also be used when you are served advertisements, or you otherwise interact with advertisements outside of our digital services. These are principally used to help recognize users, assess traffic patterns and measure site or campaign engagement.
Linking to Third-Party Websites
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA)
The Federal Trade Commission adopted a regulation (16 CFR 312) to implement the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), which governs the collection and use and/or disclosure of personal information from and about children on the internet.
Visions Federal Credit Union does not purposefully or knowingly collect personal information from children under age 13 on any financial institution website by either requesting that children make personal information publicly available, enabling children to make personal information available or through the passive tracking or use of any identifying code linked to an individual.
For more information about the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA), visit the FTC website: www.ftc.gov.
We use reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal standards to protect and limit access to personal information. This includes device safeguards and secured files and buildings.
Please note that information you send to us electronically may not be secure when it is transmitted to us. We recommend that you do not use unsecured channels to communicate sensitive or confidential information (such as your SSN) to us.
Updating Your Information
Keeping your account information up to date is very important. You may review or update certain account information by logging in and accessing your account(s). If you cannot change the incorrect information online, or you prefer to request changes offline, please use the Contact Us option on our site or call or write to us using the contact information listed on your account statements, records, or other account materials. You can also speak to one of our branch representatives or contact center advisors.
Changes to this Digital and Mobile Privacy Notice
We may change this Digital and Mobile Privacy Notice from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by appropriate means such as by posting the revised notice on this page with a new "Last Updated" date. Any changes to this Digital and Mobile Privacy Notice will become effective when posted unless indicated otherwise.