How is identity theft different from financial fraud?
The term “financial fraud” covers common credit card, check and debit card fraud. When a criminal uses your credit cards or debit cards to make a purchase, he or she usually hasn't assumed your identity. Recovering from financial fraud is relatively easy, since most creditors don't hold you liable for fraudulent charges.
ID Notify FAQ
- What else can I do to help minimize my risk of identity theft?
- What should I do if I believe I am a victim of identity theft?
- How can I tell if I am a victim of identity theft?
- How does IDnotify® by Experian® keep my information safe?
- What do I do if I am having trouble enrolling in IDnotify® or the IDnotify® page is not launching?
- How is IDnotify® different from the FICO® Score service already offered through digital banking?
- What is identity theft?
- What is the IDnotify® enrollment process like?
- What is a VantageScore®?