You purchase a home for personal stability and financial equity. It's a big investment, and one of the smartest you can make in your life.
Visions understands the mortgage you commit to is just as important as the home you choose. There's the conventional fixed-rate mortgage that most consider, but did you know there are more options available than ever before?
This 30-year loan starts with a low interest rate for a set term of 15 years and then adjusts only once in the 16th year. That determines your monthly payment for the remaining 15 years of your mortgage.
What's more? The risk of monthly payment shock is lower than similar adjustable rate mortgages. That adjustment in the 16th year is capped at 2% above the market rate at the time. This gives you assurance that your rates – and bill – remain reasonable and predictable throughout the loan.
Why choose an adjustable rate mortgage? Not only do you get a reduced interest rate to start, there's also the possibility it could be even lower at the end of the first 15 years. If not, you're still protected by our caps.
Many adjustable rate mortgages, sometimes called ARMs, come with interest rates that change in each of the subsequent years – as frequently as every six months in some cases. Because each adjustment could mean a lower or higher payment, it's not for everyone.
So, you can trust our team to walk you through all the terms and conditions in an honest, easy-to-understand way. In fact, we promise to get you the mortgage product that's right for you.
Interest Rate Information
- Rate remains constant for the first 15 years, then adjusts one time in the 16th year.
- Annual Cap – Rate cannot go up or down more than 2%.
- Floor Rate – Rate can never go below 3%.
- One-family – 95% of sale price
- Two-family – 85%
- Three- to four-family – 75%
- Single family – up to 80% of appraised value as "Cash Out."
- Two- to four-family - up to 75% of appraised value as "Cash Out."
- One-family – 90% of appraised value for "Limited Cash Out."
- Two-family – 85% of appraised value for "Limited Cash Out."
- Three- and four-family – 75% of appraised value for "Limited Cash Out."
One- to four-family residential, owner-occupied purchase money, refinances or construction.
Minimum - $25,000
Maximum - $453,100 ($679,650 for high cost areas as designated by Fannie Mae)
15, 20, 25 or 30 years