Six Steps to Your New Home
(The Seventh is Through the Front Door)
Here are the six steps that every home buyer goes through:
- Prequalify. Stop into one of our many convenient branches with 30 days of pay stubs, 2 years W-2's or tax returns, and 2 months of bank statements to talk with our advisors - free for members. Set a realistic price. Let sellers know you're serious and start shopping.
- Start shopping. You're ready. Congratulations. It's a big decision, but a lot of fun to see how your dreams take shape.
- Apply for a loan. Call (607) 754-7900 ext. 10470 to schedule an interview. Or apply online.
In Elmira, Spencer, Wysox or Watkins Glen area, call Sue at (607) 795-4183.
In the Syracuse/Rochester region, call Heather at (800) 242-2120 ext. 28609.
In the New Jersey region, call Michele at (800) 242-2120 ext. 77605.
In the Reading PA region, call Richard at (800) 242-2120 ext. 23602.
- Gather what you need: Open a savings account with Visions and more for our relationship builder rate: Get your most recent pay stub, bank statement, and signed purchase contract.
- Wait a little: Our mortgage processors will order a flood certification, an appraisal to determine the market value of the property, and a credit report. Upon approval, we'll issue a commitment letter agreeing to finance your home, which you should receive in 7-10 business days after we complete the processing of your mortgage file. Review it with your attorney, sign it, and return it as soon as possible. We'll help you clear up any outstanding issues that we point out in the letter.
- Closing. The closing is the meeting where we issue your mortgage, property ownership is transferred to you, and you get the keys. We prepare a closing checklist so you can work with your attorney to make sure nothing delays the process.